Popular destination tips
Discover an area with lot of opportunities
Here are some free time advices for Simonskall and nearby….
- Hiking: Hiking advices and cartographical material is available at the reception
- Guided trails
- „Twisted rock“ (Gedrehter Fels) Teufelsley
- To take a walk in the Kall valley directly from the hotel. (also provided by barrier free trails)
- Cycling (E-bike-rent at the hotel), Nordic Walking (sticks at the house)
- Junkerhaus (opened sat. and sun. or after making an appointment)
- Maria chapel, roman catholic, built in 1935
- Hochseil-Klettergarten (Climbing center outside) Hürtgenwald for individuals and groups (you can book it at the reception)
- Outdoor swimming pool Vossenack or indoor swimming pool „monte mare“ in Kreuzau *20 min.
- To play tennis: tennis court in Vossenack
- Francis monastery in Vossenack, Monastery culture basement www.kloster-kultur-keller.de
- Monschau, a beautiful historical half-timbered city, glassworks, red house, mustard mill etc. * 20 min.
- Eupen/Belgium, romantic city with lots of historical places of interests * 40 min.
- City Maastricht/Holland, many places of interests, market * 60 min.
- Emperor city Aachen, Emperor cathedral, city hall, casino, museums, cinemas, theatre * 45 min.
- Rur lake, the biggest artificial lake of Germany, it is possible to make a shipping sightseeingsee* 15 min.
- Wehebachtalsperre, Kalltalsperre, Dreilägerbach-Talsperre (dams)* 10–30 min.
- Wild animals park in Schmidt * 15 min
- Open air enclosure for wild animals in Hellenthal eagle cultivation and flight show* 45 min.
- Castle Vogelsang * 40 min, guided tours 14.00 p.m., saturday/ sunday 11.00 a.m. + 14.00 p.m.
- Castle Nideggen situated on the red climbing rock * 30 min.
- Castle Heimbach * 35 min.
- Trappist abbey „Mariawald“ nearby Heimbach * 35 min.
- Open air museum in Kommern * 45 min.
For further leisure advices and help for booking and planning your trip, please contact our reception.
We wish you a beautiful relaxing time, much fun and terrific experiences in our region!
& the Kallbach-team